Building the present, creating the future
BAM Construction is recruiting a Project Surveyor to join the North East region. This role will be based in Leeds, supporting projects across the region.
You will assist with all aspects of the commercial management on specific projects.
• The procurement and commercial management of subcontract packages including :
- Ensuring supply chain competency with Business and Project requirements prior to issue of any tender enquiry
- Agreement of specific Work Package scope of works and the preparation of all relevant documentation for formal subcontract enquiries
- Reparing, where required, Bills of Quants for subcontractor packages
- Procurement negotiations including agreement of S/C terms and conditions
- Analysis / reconciliation of returned tenders and the preparation of the final subcontract recommendation
- Producing and issuing out robust and relevant subcontract order documentation
- Commercial responsibility throughout on all matters relating to subcontract work packages
• Involvement in the development of design and procurement strategies to maximise opportunities in improving project delivery
• Involvement in identifying key project risks and agreement of mitigation strategy's.
• Assisting with the production of Monthly and Quarterly Cost Reports including assessing cost and value to date and projecting future cost and value
• Ensuring compliance with Business requirements and Best Practice procedures
• Assisting in the production of monthly valuations and agreement with client representatives
• Assisting in the measurement, valuation and negotiation of Client Variations
• Assisting in the preparation and negotiation of Project Final Accounts
• Maintaining professional relationships at all times with Client's, Consultants and our Supply Chain partners
Who are we looking for?
Previous experience in the Commercial, Education and Healthcare sectors.
• Be qualified at degree level, or working towards MRICS or equivalent professional level
• Previous experience working within a similar role
• Be a positive and proactive individual that works collaboratively with colleagues, our supply chain partners and the client team
• Share the same general values and ethos as the Business and promote these at all times
• Negotiation skills
• Have a keen eye for detail.
• Have the confidence and ability to participate and work within a team environment
• Have good communication skills and conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times
• Be confident and experienced in the use of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and computer aided measurement tools
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their potential.
BAM operates a flexible working policy.
Who are we?
We construct, refurbish, extend and repurpose buildings from our network of offices across England, Scotland and Wales.
We undertake award winning projects for the public and private sector.
We use the latest digital technologies and modern methods of construction, to help us to deliver projects in a lean, green and more efficient way.