Building a sustainable tomorrow
Bam Nuttall Limited have a number of exciting new schemes in the North East and Yorkshire area and are now looking to expand the existing commercial team. These civil engineering schemes are part of frameworks with an emphasis on a collaborative approach and use the NEC forms of contract. Our requirement is immediate and we can offer a sustainable future workload. This is a site/office based role on one of our sites/offices in the North East and Yorkshire (Newcastle/York/N & E Yorkshire)
To undertake Quantity Surveying duties as part of a team on a large scheme or be responsible for multiple smaller schemes in collaboration with Operations team, Client, Designer and other stakeholders. Worktype will vary and include projects at Early Supplier Engagement (ESE) stage and Construction stage.
• Reporting to Senior/Managing Quantity Surveyor
• Liaison with operations team, client, designer and other stakeholders
• Responsibility for general commercial project management including provision of the following:
o monthly cost value reconciliations, cashflow monitoring, monthly and quarterly forecasts
o monthly application for payment
o change management
o risk management
• Work with Client and Designer at ESE stage to provide commercial support to the design and optioneering process.
• Manage / mentor junior members of commercial team as required
• Ensure compliance and adherence with project and company commercial procedures for procurement and subcontract management
• Procurement and commercial management of subcontracts
• Other duties as may be requested from you line manager from time to time
Who are we looking for?
• Previous Quantity Surveying experience on civil engineering schemes
• Experience of NEC form of Contract (NEC4 desirable)
• Formal relevant qualification - Degree; HNC/D
• Experience of target price contracts
• Good client facing collaborative attitude
• Good communication skills
• Good IT skills
• Have or working towards RICS/CICES
What's in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes car / car allowance, matched pension contributions, private healthcare, 26 days holiday, 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
Who are we?
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.