Looking for a new Quantity Surveyor role in Tunbridge Wells? Looking to work for a non-corporate, progressive, supportive and friendly company? Experienced Quantity Surveyor? Then look no further and apply below!
We are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to work on projects and work that will span across a diverse range of client areas including residential, commercial, highways and rail.
You will have an excellent opportunity to grow and develop within their strong training scheme and work alongside established industry professionals.
There is a competitive salary on offer, with great benefits including a pension scheme, relevant professional membership fees paid, private medical cover, personal development and CPD training courses.
Benefits for the successful Quantity Surveyor:
- Exposure to internal APC counsellors
- Discretionary bonus
- Private medical cover
- Unrivalled training and development
The right Quantity Surveyor will be:
- Experienced in the role of Quantity Surveyor within a construction company
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline
- MRICS status or working towards achieving MRICS
- Experienced across both JCT and NEC forms of contract
- Confident at client meetings
- Ambitious and keen to develop
- A team player and keen to work closely with clients and colleagues
- Excellent at communicating and managing workload
- Excellent at problem-solving
- Methodical in their approach to tasks
- Have strong technical knowledge of construction
The role of the Quantity Surveyor will include:
- Preparation of cost plans and budget estimates
- Understanding of construction contracts
- Preparation of feasibility studies
- Preparing, regulating, and analysing costs for tenders and contracts
- Valuing work completed on site and certifying payments
- Assessing value for money
- Undertaking risk assessments
- Estimating cost variations
- Preparing cost reports and cash flows
- Life cycle costings
- Completing final accounts
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities
Aldwych Consulting values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.