We have an exciting opportunity for a Railway Interface Manager to work client side on a large railway programme in the GCC. The candidate placed in this position will be responsible for managing the interfacing between the Railway Civils and Railways Systems. Candidates applying for this position must have a Bachelor’s degree, 15+ years post graduate experience and prior experience working on a large railway program in the Middle East in a similar position,
- Assure proper interface between all railway works, systems and other infrastructure components.
- Coordinate stakeholder engagement and integration to achieve programme objectives for scope, budget, schedule, quality, sustainability, legacy, etc.
- Facilitate delivery of the railway works to support timely construction
- Actively participate in working groups aimed at providing solutions to delivery challenges, such as construction logistics, supply chain, sustainability, social concerns
- Assist in the collection and analysis of project performance data (e.g., schedule, cost, safety, resource requirements, and sustainability) from stakeholders.
- Provide vision and leadership to staff and stakeholders.
- Endorse and adhere to programme policies and procedures (i.e., exemplify culture of discipline).
- Foresee programme risks and offer real-time mitigation strategies.
- Liaise with the delivering parties and all affected stakeholders to assure that the facilities are being delivered to the quality, schedule, budget, sustainability, legacy and other requirements of the programme.
- Participate in working groups addressing permitting and approvals, logistics, interface management, business process efficiency, HSSE, sustainability, legacy, and other areas affecting programme delivery.
- Assess master plans for adequacy and proper coordination.
- Evaluate design documents to assess sufficiency for construction purposes.
- Monitor for adherence to permitting protocols.
- Cooperate with municipalities and approving authorities.
- Review contracts and agreements for appropriate contracting strategy and administrative enforceability.
- Endorse suitable change management protocols consistent with programme requirements and monitor for changes in scope, schedule and budget.
- Foresee project risks, offer real-time mitigation strategies, and report high risk matters
- Prepare monthly reports and other documentation as requested.
- Visit work sites, observe situations affecting programme performance and prepare reports of observations and findings.
- Review of project schedules for adequacy with respect to delivery milestones, level of detail, WBS, logic, duration, and resources.
- Validate accuracy of information reported by delivering entities, including progress, budget, safety, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 15+ years’ experience
- Extensive experience on large railway programs
- Experience in effective cost and schedule management.
- Proficiency in risk management, safety, quality and sustainability aspects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Up to AED 70k plus schooling and flights