Operating for over 50 years, Jones Bros Group is an award-winning civil engineering company based in North Wales. Providing complete civil engineering solutions for a range of projects across the UK, we have an extensive track record in Renewables and energy, Waste management facilities & landfill engineering, Highways & Rail, Infrastructure including business and industrial parks and Flood, Coastal & Marine Infrastructure.
With a workforce of over 500 people, we lead the way in progressive engineering and use the latest civil engineering techniques to minimise the environmental impact of our work.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply. So, join us as we continue to grow and we will recognise the part you play.
Jones Bros is looking for a Section Engineer. Initially working on the construction of onshore works for the Dogger Bank Wind Farm project, you will be based near Beverley (in East Yorkshire). This is an exciting opportunity that will suit an individual who is professional, proactive, motivated and forward-thinking with the ability to support a fast-paced and busy team.
In this key role you will:
- Be accountable for the quality arrangements and documentation of the trenching, duct installation, backfilling, Directional drilling and cable pulling.
- Supervise the effective implementation of all test and inspection schedules and ensure adherence to all procedures.
- Be responsible for QA/QC documentation on the project.
- Support quality audits as per the required schedule as auditees, or part of the Audit team.
- Ensure compliance of HSQE processes on the project for a right first-time with no re-work.
- Carry out inspections on work methods and maintain knowledge on all quality assurance standards.
- Maintain Non-conformance register and ensure NCRs are closed out in a timely manner.
- Engage with our supply chain and project team to ensure correct implementation of quality processes.
- Liaise with the project team to ensure timely and correct submission of Quality information to Client, Independent Certifier or other Stakeholders.
- Manage the handover processes ensuring all information is uploaded to internal and client databases.
What we are looking for
- Degree, HND, ONC (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering
- Demonstrable successful experience at Section Engineer level.
- Knowledge of construction procedures and working methods.
- Experience working for a self-delivery Heavy Civil Engineering Contractor.
- Experience of preparing and managing quality control/documentation.
- Initially based at Dogger Bank, the successful candidate must be willing to travel and be site based across Northern England and Scotland (going forward)
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence and be willing to travel where required
- Willing to work site based hours.
What you’ll get in return
We can offer long-term career opportunities with an opportunity to develop within a progressive and successful business. You can expect:
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits Package
- Company pension
- Commercial Vehicle
If this role sounds like your cup of tea – then please click apply now.