Senior Civil Engineer
Operating for over 50 years, Jones Bros Group is an award-winning civil engineering company based in North Wales. Providing complete civil engineering solutions for a range of projects across the UK, we have an extensive track record in Renewables and energy, Waste management facilities & landfill engineering, Highways & Rail, Infrastructure including business and industrial parks and Flood, Coastal & Marine Infrastructure.
With a workforce of over 500 people across all project delivery trades and grades, we use the latest civil engineering techniques to minimising the environmental impact of our work, we lead the way in progressive engineering. So, join us as we continue to grow and we’ll recognise the part you play.
Jones Bros seek an experienced Senior Civil Engineer to join our team. With a flat management structure you will be working within a flexible organisation where self-motivated, practical, problem solvers will thrive. Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all activities are completed safely in compliance with the company’s health and safety & environmental policies and procedures.
- Supporting in the preparation of quality, environmental and H&S construction plans in a timely manner.
- Supporting the planning, measuring, monitoring and reviewing of contract progress throughout the project’s lifespan and ensuring the project’s budgets and programme is met.
- Completing and ensuring the accurate setting out and surveying of all aspects of the works
- Interpreting engineering drawings and specifications and ensuring the accurate construction of the works in accordance with client requirements
- Providing sufficient and accurate information to the site Works Management to ensure timely construction of the works
- Assisting with ensuring adequate plant, labour and subcontract and material resources are available in a timely manner to comply with the project’s timescales.
- Assisting with the process of ensuring the timely procurement and payment of suppliers and subcontractors in accordance with company procedures and monitoring their performance including financial throughout the project.
- Preparing and submitting weekly reports on progress for review by the Site Agent or Project Manager, for inclusion in the project’s financial CVRs and forecasts to completion
- Identifying potential problem areas, and financial impact, in sufficient time to ensure adequate provisions have been made within forecast accounts
- Assisting with the resolution of contractual issues with both clients and suppliers while also maintaining a good relationship.
You will possess:
- Degree or HND in Civil Engineering
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Strong computer literacy and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Project 2000, Project Costing Software, CAD, LSS surveying packages
- Highly competent in surveying and setting out techniques using Trimble GPS and Total Stations
- Good commercial awareness with effective influencing and negotiating skills, as well as an aptitude to develop emerging and new client relationships.
- Experience of managing and mentoring junior engineers
- Excellent knowledge of current civil engineering legislation as well as Health & Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Highly developed professional communication and negotiation skills, including writing and presentation of reports, preparing business management documents, and presenting information in meetings with clients and other parties.
- The ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- The ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in both mathematical or diagrammatic form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Demonstrable ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines supported by strong organisational skills.
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral, with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different circumstances
- Full UK driving license
More generally, you will need to be committed, reliable, flexible both in terms of UK travel (and staying away overnight where required) and range of tasks performed. And possess a good team-working ethic.
What you’ll get in return
We offer the opportunity to develop a long-term career within a progressive and successful business, and a very competitive salary and benefits package. You can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary Bonus
- Benefits package including company pension
- Company Vehicle
- Lodge payments if working away (where applicable).
We operate COVID-19 secure workplaces