Senior Civil Engineer (Rail)
£50k- £55**k per annum plus benefits
Our client is a leading multidisciplinary firm known within the industry for their innovative designs. They currently have an opening for a Senior Civil Engineer to join their rail team in Central London on a full-time permanent basis and work on a varied portfolio of rail related design work.
The ideal candidate will have a broad range of skills and experience within the rail sector and the ability to design and assess various types of structure in a range of construction materials. A strong technical background is therefore a must.
Projects: Structures and buildings including rail, Retaining structures, Foundations, Bridges, Culverts and crossings and earth structures.
- Detailed design of substructures to LU, NR, HS2 Standards and Eurocodes,
- Site inspections and liaison,
- Client and consultant liaison and coordination,
- Coordination and management of project team resources in conjunction with Associates / Associate Directors,
- Be aware of and assist with monitoring and control of project costs,
- Assist with negotiation and preparation of fee variations,
- Assist with preparation of project invoicing,
- Assist with training and direction of graduate / design engineers and draftspersons,
- Project programming and monitoring,
- QA procedure implementation.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- A minimum of 5 years’ post graduate experience (at least 3 years’ of this to be rail related),
- Experience of working on rail or other publicly funded projects
- Experience of working on basement structures preferable but not mandatory.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Must have strong experience design RC structures. Advanced RC design skills advantageous.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently on projects from inception to completion with minimal supervision but will also be required to work well within a team environment.
The successful Civil Engineer will receive a competitive salary and benefits and there is the potential for the successful candidate to work for 1–3 days in the office with the remainder from home.
If you would like to know more, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham for more details.