Senior Civils 3D Technician
Central London (Hybrid working available)
Our client is a global engineering consultancy firm who are well-known within the industry for their extensive Civil, Structural, Geotechnical, Construction & Digital engineering expertise, and they currently have an opening for a Senior Civils 3D Technician to join the Civils team in their central London office on a full-time permanent basis.
As a Senior Civils Technician it is expected that the successful candidate will take a leadership role with responsibility for training, mentoring ad delegating work to more junior technicians.
- Continued development of AutoCAD and Civils 3d or equivalent protocols,
- Take overall control and responsibility of project leaders duties in their absence,
- Civils 3D / AutoCAD Drafting.
- Maintaining a professional attitude when communicating with internal and external staff,
- Liaise with Architect and service consultants with respect to questions/queries relating to their documentation and inform the Project Engineer and other members of the project team of any changes.
- Keeping Technicians under your direction, informed and up to date with specific project related issues and changes.
- Attend and be involved with drafting meetings and monthly resource meetings if required.
- Assist with the development and implementation of drawing office standards.
- Checking all drafting staff’s work (where required) to comply with the Standard Drafting Procedures.
- ONC/HNC in Civil Engineering,
- A minimum of 7 years’ civil drafting experience,
- Proficient ion the use of Civils 3D or Similar,
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
There is excellent opportunity for progression for the successful candidate. There is the potential for the successful candidate to work for 1–3 days in the office with the remainder from home.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience within a large international consultancy working on complex & iconic projects across various sectors. If you’d like to apply for this vacancy, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham.