Senior Materials Technician (Depot) - Kilsyth
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Materials Technician to join our permanent laboratory team in Kilsyth, near Glasgow.
Your key activities will include:
- Setting a personal example in safety matters.
- Assist with day to day running of mobile site testing/laboratory testing including organising workload, on site sampling and testing. Liaising with laboratory manager to ensure the provision of testing capabilities.
- Communicating regularly and effectively with internal/external site engineering staff on priorities and testing requirements as and when required.
- Production of test reports/certificates to client.
- Deliver training/proficiency checks to/for laboratory personnel.
- Ensure that site sampling and laboratory testing is carried out to high standards of safety, quality and efficiency.
- Ensure that adequate and proper records are kept and filed correctly to satisfy the requirements of the laboratory management system and UKAS requirements.
- Ensure that sampling and testing is carried out to the appropriate British/European Standards.
- Ensure test equipment is checked, cleaned and maintained to an acceptable level.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
- Educated to Level 3 NVQ standard or similar experience.
- Soils sampling and site/laboratory testing in accordance with BS 1377; minimum proficiency including use of Nuclear Density Gauge, In-situ Plate Load Apparatus, In-situ Sand Replacement Density, earthworks and laboratory shear strength triaxial testing Laboratory.
- Materials/Aggregate sampling/laboratory testing in accordance with all relevant standards.
- Concrete/Spray Concrete sampling/testing in accordance with all relevant standards.
You should have experience of a day to day supervisory role within permanent/site laboratory, and able to cope with completion deadlines and contractual testing requirements. Organising staff and resources within a high pressure environment in order to cope with all volumes of testing specified. Communicating daily duties to all staff members and ensuring all tests and site activities were completed within the contractual timescales.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.