Senior Planning Engineer - Manchester.
We have a long term employment opportunity for a Senior Planner based in Manchester. Initially working on one of our major projects across the Pennines, you will support the project management team through the timely provision of an efficient and effective planning, scheduling and project performance reporting function, and will provide coaching to others in the team as required.
The role will initially be based on a major North West rail project and you will be supporting the bid through bids and projects longer term. While based in Manchester, some travel, including occasional overnight stays, may be required in order to support our project teams.
Your key activities will include:
- Manage the development of a programme to an appropriate level of detail.
- Manage the updating and monitoring of progress within the working programme.
- Manage the support to construction teams on the use of short-term programmes.
- Resource and cost load programmes, and coach / support others.
- Evaluate supply chain programmes, and coach / support others.
- Introduce and analyse change in a programme, and coach / support others.
- Produce and communicate programme information in a variety of forms, using routine and bespoke programme outputs, and coach / support others.
- Check programme robustness, and coach / support others.
- Establish and maintain internal and external project controls reporting.
- Introduce and evaluate risk in programmes.
- Develop and maintain 4D programmes.
- Maintain awareness of latest construction techniques.
- Collect and distribute feedback, and coach / support others.
- Undertake the analytical assessment of programmes.
- Coach and mentor others in the use of planning software, principally P6.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships, and coach / support others.
- Inform and influence decision making.
- Prepare internal reports.
- Participate in the preparation and delivery of training.
- Undertake planning audits and peer reviews.
- Support staff development.
- Comply with business procedures and systems, and coach / support others.
- Undertake entitlement analysis.
Your skills and experience should include:
- Previous experience in the role of Senior Planning Engineer, with involvement in substantial civil engineering projects.
- Experience of a broad range of civil engineering construction, with proven commercial knowledge and a full understanding of methods and typical production rates.
- The proven ability to lead a planning team working in a P6 enterprise environment, and to produce and manage comprehensive, robust programmes.
- A thorough experience and understanding of programming techniques, with the ability to coach others.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels, with experience in coaching others.
- A demonstrable contractual understanding.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.