Senior Project Manager (Construction)
SALARY: £72,500 per annum
LOCATION: The post will be based at the Corporation's offices in The Observatory, Castle Hill, Ebbsfleet, with options for partial home-working arrangements
WORKING PATTERN: 37 hours per week between Monday - Friday with some occasional evening work
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Ebbsfleet Central, one of the largest and most exciting regeneration projects in the country comprising 3,000 new homes, 100,000sqm of commercial floorspace as well as community, retail and leisure uses will be the heart of a new community in North Kent. Ebbsfleet Development Corporation own the site and will act as the Strategic Master Developer – delivering significant and complex infrastructure and enabling works that will allow private sector partners to create the new homes and jobs.
To enable us to succeed we now require an experienced and ambitious construction related senior project manager. Your principle role will be to oversee the external Development Management company recently appointed by the Corporation. They will bring expertise and capacity to this complex project, and your role will be key to our successful long term relationship with them.
You will work closely with the Development Management Company, providing client side oversight, assurance and management of the design and delivery of a significant package of infrastructure and enabling works, across both preconstruction and construction phases.
This is a unique opportunity to work on directly delivering one of the largest regeneration schemes in the UK. You will like a challenge and be ready to apply your skills and expertise to overcome complex and challenging constraints. You will enjoy working as part of a small organisation - whose focus is to get things done.
To Apply please send:
- A copy of your CV
- A covering letter explaining your suitability, including how you meet the essential criteria
- Please ensure you read the Candidate Pack available from https://ebbsfleetdc.org.uk/about-us/work-for-us/
- Your completed application should be returned by the deadline date and time by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of role:
To provide effective management of the externally appointed Development
Management Company to ensure they successfully deliver the design,
programming, delivery, financial oversight and coordination of an enabling
works infrastructure package to EDC's requirements.
The role will provide the client side oversight, assurance and management of the design and delivery of a significant package of infrastructure and enabling works. The role will also provide construction advice on all elements of the Ebbsfleet Central project. The post-holder will report to the Head of Ebbsfleet Central but will also work closely with (and during the Construction Phase of the project report directly to) the Director of Projects.
Full details of the role and responsibilities at: https://ebbsfleetdc.org.uk/about-us/work-for-us/
- Minimum 5 years related Construction Management and Contract
- Management experience in a similar field.
- Considerable knowledge and experience of managing complex infrastructure construction projects of this nature and scale.
- Full understanding of all facets of the construction process from planning through to handover / completion of works.
- Demonstrable experience of establishing and maintaining robust project management governance, risk management processes and managing significant financial budgets with robust oversight on projects of a similar nature.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of available forms of construction contract, and experience of leading, undertaking and concluding commercial and contract negotiations related to infrastructure projects at a senior level.
- Experience of acting in a client role and procuring and managing external development managers and consultant teams.
- Demonstrable experience of contractor contract management, negotiation and dispute resolution.
- Demonstrable experience and in depth knowledge of CDM 2015
- Regulations, construction health and safety and associated compliance issues.
- Experience in complex stakeholder management.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
28th November 5pm