Building a sustainable tomorrow
BAM Construction is recruiting a Site Engineer to be based within our London Region. You will be managing projects within the M25.
We are currently recruiting for a Site Engineer with a proven track record to manage and coordinate construction of all structural elements on projects ranging from £10-100m, in sectors including commercial, education and mixed-use developments.
Working as part of the site management team, you'll work alongside and liaise with clients, architects, engineers, planners and subcontractors.
The Project Site Engineer will be assigned the responsibility for ensuring that all instruments and equipment are kept in good condition and calibrated at the specified frequencies. They will ensure that the necessary controls and records are maintained in relation to the engineering activities defined. The following activities shall be carried out by a site-based person under the control of the Construction Team Leader:
• Complete requisition to buying for materials
• Check of Goods Received
• Quality Checks for Structural Steelwork, Drainage works, Underpinning, Earthworks/Excavations
• Maintain Survey Instruments and keep records
• Check Setting out information
• Establish primary dimensional control
• Check/Record Control Points
• Establish secondary dimensional control
• Temporary Works/Falseworks Coordination
• Check Install and Dismantle Temporary Works / Falseworks
• Complete Permit to Load/Strike
• Requisition materials for in situ Concrete Works and obtain approvals
• Pre and post-pour Inspections
• Supervise concrete deliveries
• Sample and Cube tests
• Maintain Site Diary
• Be involved in maintaining good housekeeping on site
• Manage and co-ordinate construction of all structural elements
• Set out and maintain structural accuracy
• Implement the Project Management Plan, engineering procedures and practices
• Ensure that appropriate quality records are being produced
• Organise the work so that it is carried out with minimum risk to personnel, plant and materials
• Ensure compliance with safety regulations, other relevant statutory provisions, instructions and arrangements as they appear in the Health and Safety Operating Procedures
• Ensure all information to foreseeable risks is bought to the attention of the persons likely to be affected
• Do not permit anyone to take unnecessary risks
• Set an example through high personal standards in the application of health and safety
• Ensure that all accidents and dangerous occurrences are reported in accordance with company procedures
• resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
• Understand and interpret drawings and specifications
• Compilation of as-built drawings
• To create construction drawings for information
• Experience with AutoCad and Total Station
• Compilation of QA sheets for sub and super structural elements
• Advise on buildability issues as required
• Assist to prepare scope of works and reports as required
• Carry out site surveys, levelling and setting out
Who are we looking for?
• Degree or HNC/HND in a construction-related or engineering discipline. Relevant CSCS Card. A relevant H&S Qualification is desirable (ideally SMSTS).
• To be competent to carry out on site management tasks you are required to do.
• At least 2+ years' post-graduate experience in site engineering.
• Able to demonstrate a knowledge and practical experience of all site engineering activities
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral, with the ability to liaise effectively with a range of other professionals, e.g. construction managers, quantity surveyors, subcontractors, architects, designers, other engineers
• A broad construction based technical knowledge
• Organisation skills and a methodical approach to work
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Negotiation skills
• Confident in the use of IT packages and systems
• Should be comfortable working as a member of a project team with a willingness to contribute to all project success factors
• A positive, proactive individual that works collaboratively with colleagues and the client team.
• Adaptable / flexible
• Experience of working with or an understanding of BIM and computer aided measurement tools
• Holds a driving licence
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Confident and open personality
• Able to build creditable relationship with others
• Willing to take ownership of a work task
• Thinking both creatively and logically
• Attention to details
• Working alongside with the project team but must have the ability to work independently
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.
BAM operates a flexible working policy
Who are we?
We construct, refurbish, extend and repurpose buildings from our network of offices across England, Scotland and Wales.
We undertake award winning projects for the public and private sector.
We use the latest digital technologies and modern methods of construction, to help us to deliver projects in a lean, green and more efficient way.