Site Engineers - Hull.
We currently have a requirement for site engineers to work in Hull on river and sea defence projects with long term opportunities to remain working in north of England.
Your key activities will include:
- Maintain high personal safety and environmental standards.
- Supervision of assistant engineers.
- Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works.
- Provide accurate and clear setting out for works.
- Communicate with foremen and gangers to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Arrange formal checking of setting out.
- Complete inspection and test plans.
- Keep accurate daily site diary.
- Preparation of 4 weekly programmes.
- Provide accurate measurements for materials required.
- Maintain material reconciliation figures for reporting.
- Ensure that material delivery tickets are passed on for cost coding.
- Carry out testing / sampling of materials.
- Provide assistance to the measurement department.
- Maintain survey books.
- Take receipt of materials and perform checks.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
- Qualified to ONC level, a graduate or equivalent (preferred).
- Successful experience at assistant engineer level.
- Thorough knowledge of construction procedures and working methods.
- Knowledge of government legislation on all matters relating to safety and environment.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.