Sub Agent - York, Bury and Carlisle.
Required to work on one of numerous Environment Agency projects throughout the north of England, with current opportunities on flood defence works in York, Bury and Carlisle.
Your key activities will include:
- Set personal example in health, safety and environmental matters by ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures through method statements, risk assessments and briefings.
- Manage, supervise and mentor section, site and assistant engineers to ensure high levels of engineering control and generation of appropriate records.
- Maintain good working relationship with RE staff and supply chain.
- Adopt and promote a cost-conscious attitude through efficient use of company resources.
- Support the agent as required in operating the cost management system, the production of programmes and QF preparation.
- Communicate with commercial staff to ensure all records for measurement and payment purposes are prepared promptly, in appropriate form.
- Adopt and promote the use of BIM technologies to deliver the requirements of the project BIM Execution Plan (BEP).
- Communicate with general foreman to ensure adequate work preparation and resources availability.
- Assist the agent as required to procure necessary materials, sub-contracts and plant in sufficient time.
- Review with the agent regularly the performance, development and training needs of subordinate staff, including underperformance or potential resignations.
- Advise agent of any potential commercial or contractual liabilities.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- Qualified to ICE Technician or Incorporated level or equivalent (preferred).
- Successful experience at section engineer level.
- Thorough working knowledge of health safety quality and environment procedures.
- Knowledge of BS1192 and associated PAS1192 standards.
- Demonstrated application of growing commercial and contractual knowledge.
- Completion of SMSTS.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.