Technical Sales Manager
Home Based South East - Travel To Client Sites Within The UK – Salary £40K – £50K + Bonus
Sigicom, is a privately owned company, covering the US and European markets; we focus on providing equipment for remote monitoring of environmental disturbances from infrastructure and construction projects. The UK subsidiary was formed four years ago with the intention of bringing Sigicom’s innovative products to the UK construction industry. In four years we have quadrupled in size and cemented our place as one of the leading providers of remote monitoring solutions in the UK.
The team in the UK is growing and we are inviting applications from exceptional candidates for a Technical Sales Manager covering the South of England.
The successful candidate will have good commercial judgement and be responsible for their allocated accounts, meeting their KPI targets whilst developing business opportunities. We are looking for someone who has technical experience in geotechnical or environmental site monitoring, in order to explore and establish new relationships with potential customers.
This is a senior role and you will be required to effectively negotiate pricing, therefore we are looking for someone with confident communications skills and general financial awareness.
As a technical sales manager, you will be required to complete clear sales reports and quotations. You will also be required to maintain the CRM system for your client portfolio. You will need to be highly organised in your work both in managing your pipeline and project priorities but also in order to plan your client meetings. We are a small but growing team in the UK, so everyone has a part to play in the success of the business. We expect our sales team to come in to the Horsham office at least once a week to work with the colleagues who support the operation. There may also be a requirement from time to time to provide support in the office. There will be training for this role and some of this training will be in Sweden.
Requirements and Experience
- Likely to be a graduate or have experience or other qualifications in Geology, Geomatics, Environmental Sciences or Engineering, Surveying, Civil Engineering, Topographic Science or similar.
- Relevant work experience (three years technical sales experience) possibly in acoustics, working on infrastructure projects and using monitoring equipment.
- A positive attitude to each customer’s project and able to ensure that they are fully engaged and understanding of the benefits of using Sigicom solutions.
- The ability to use clear and professional business language skills, written and spoken.
- Be able to prioritise, build and maintain positive relationships with customers.
- Attention to detail is important.
- Effective and demonstratable negotiation skills.
- The ability to be self-motivated in your day-to-day work and also a desire for personal development and professional growth, learning new skills and keen to understand new technologies.
- You must have a full driving licence.
- As part of your role you will travel to the office, across the UK and to Sweden (as required).
In return the successful candidate will receive
- Salary Circa £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
- Travel costs reimbursed
- A quarterly performance related bonus - up to 20% of quarterly salary
- 25 days holiday plus Public Holidays
- Contractual Sick Pay
If you are interested in this role and joining Sigicom during this exciting period of growth, apply to our HR Partner with a CV, stating current salary and a covering letter explaining why you are interested in this role by clicking on the 'Apply' button below.