Track Geometry Surveyor
Track Geometry Surveyor / TQS
Set policy and provide specialist advice on gauging, track geometry, track position, surveying and measurement systems focused on achieving goal.s
The Key Responsibilities;
· Provide technical guidance to Engineering, maintenance and renewals, projects and other groups and departments on track geometry, track position, surveying and gauging.
· Develop, update and improve geometry, surveying and gauging related standards and technical instructions.
· Set policy for optimising cost efficiency through the management of track position, surveying and gauging.
· Lead Engineering verification activities as directed in support of the national programme
· Identify opportunities for improved management of track position and gauging, including on-track machine geometry design systems, and lead changes focused on achieving Network Rail's goals.
· Determine the technical requirements, specification and monitoring of track geometry measurement systems.
· Determine the technical requirements, specification of surveying, setting out and geometry marking systems.
· Develop business cases and implementation plans for the use of track gauging and geometry measurement systems.
· Review and approve changes to track geometry measurement systems.
· Represent Network Rail's interests in national and European forums engaged in gauging, surveying and geometry matters.
· Lead the provision of specialist support to derailment and accident investigations and implementation of recommendations.
Ideally successful applicants will have:
· BSc, HND, HNC or Chartered Engineer
· Extensive relevant experience of track geometry and gauging
· Comprehensive knowledge of track engineering, covering maintenance, design, renewals, geometry measurement and gauging
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.