Bridge Engineer - Glasgow, UK
CH2M as a global multi-disciplinary company, holds an enviable reputation for delivering prestigious and challenging bridge projects in the UK and worldwide.
An opportunity within our Regional Design Centre in Glasgow, has arisen for a Bridge Engineer to join our busy and growing team of talented bridge engineers.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on high profile projects including, international bridges, design and build schemes, long span crossings, architecturally driven bridge designs in addition to UK and Ireland centered bridge schemes.
With a current client portfolio, including Transport Scotland, Highways England, Local Authorities, Civil Engineering Contractors and International Governments, we regularly undertake the feasibility development, design and supervision of civil engineering and transport solutions which over the years has exceeded our client’s requirements and expectations.
Our Glasgow team covers a wide range of skills including scheme development, preliminary and detailed design, independent checking, temporary works designs and independent checking for major and minor bridges, procurement, project management and construction supervision. The successful candidate will be expected to take a lead in the delivery of these activities.
We therefore seek a technically competent Bridge Engineer with proven experience to take up a key position in Glasgow.
• Technical support and excellence
• Team building and project support
• Work within project delivery teams on inspection, assessment, feasibility, detailed design and construction projects
• Willingness to learn and determination to develop your career in Bridge Engineering
• Assist with ensuring approvals in principle, licences, permissions, orders etc are in place in sufficient time to allow projects to progress unhindered
• Check as directed colleagues output (reports, designs and models) to ensure standards are continually attained in line with company procedures
• Help mentor Graduate Engineers in their career progression to achieve Chartered status
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Degree in Civil Engineering
• Preferably educated to MSc level or equivalent
• Chartered: CEng, MICE, MIStructE, or equivalent
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• Strong experience of structural inspection, design, assessment and checking of bridges
• Strong working knowledge of British Standards and Eurocodes
• Developing proficiency in finite element modelling and analysis of bridge structures
• Experience in the design of steel bridges, steel cable stayed bridges
• Experience in delivering bridge and civil infrastructure designs on transportation road or rail projects
• Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
• Collaborative working with CAD staff to produce high quality drawings
• Willingness to manage, work package orders or discrete items of work
• An open and approachable team player
• Solid communication and relationship building skills
• A correct first time approach to work
• Drive and determination to succeed
• Willingness to ensure Health & Safety awareness in all aspects of design and operations
• In possession of a Full driving licence
• Fluency in spoken English and the ability to write high quality technical reports in English
• Experience of design and build infrastructure projects
• Experience in the concrete, integral and post tensioned concrete bridges
• Experience in inspection, assessments and feasibility study designs
• Previous leadership of teams
• Practical hands on site experience and experience of steel fabrication
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK. CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
Learn more about our collaborative, friendly culture and the ways in which we’re driven to support diversity through multiple networks and initiatives. We support and encourage every employee’s professional growth and provide flexible working conditions where appropriate. We’re full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as advance their career.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.