Transport Planning Technical Lead
Skanska, a leading construction company and developer, is an inclusive and responsible business that is helping to build a better society. Drawing on our Scandinavian heritage, we are green, innovative and progressive, bringing people and technology together to build, upgrade and maintain the country's buildings and infrastructure.
Our infrastructure services team delivers projects that maintain and enhance the built environment. Part of that is our work to operate, maintain and improve large parts of the UK road network. Whether you're involved in frontline operational work, design, project management or office-based services, every day you'll be helping to improve the lives of millions of people
Skanska Transport Planning provides a broad range of Transport Planning services directly to Skanska's clients, and in support its nationwide Highways Contracts. The team has a wide range of experience and skills across the Transport Planning discipline, including Transport Policy and Strategy, Mirco-simulation and Strategic Transport Modelling and the development of Transport Business Cases.
The Transport Planning Technical Lead role provides an exciting opportunity to become the technical nucleus for a team of dedicated and eager Transport Planners, and to play a definitive part in growing Skanska's Transport Planning capability.
The role will be based in our shared client offices in Peterborough, but will require flexible working arrangements, including working from home. Travel will be required to meet clients and attend meetings. This is typically within the local region, but nationwide travel will also be required
You will have a broad range of responsibilities:
- Providing Strategic Direction for the Technical Development of the team;
- Providing constructive and considered training and guidance to a team of Transport Planners, helping to shape the next generation of Transport Planning Professionals;
- Providing technical support across all of Skanska's Transport Planning projects;
- Act as the Technical Assurance for Skanska's Transport Planning Team, ensuring that any Transport Planning work undertaken by Skanska (and its partners) is appropriate and to the high standards that our clients expect;
- Working directly with clients to ensure that their technical transport planning needs are fully met, and to advise them on their requirements when needed
Bringing a significant depth of technical Transport planning experience. With an a approachable, friendly team player and willing to act as a pivotal focus for the Transport Planning Team. Ideally you will need to be educated to degree level in a relevant discipline.