Geo-Technical Engineer - Bedford- £Competitve
Our client have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Geotechnical Engineer to join their award winning team in Bedford.
Our client are a well-known Geotechnical Consultancy based in Bedford and due to an established reputation and a number of high end projects worldwide, they have gained a number of reputable clients and therefore have a continually increasing workload. As a result they seeking an enthusiastic Geotechnical Engineer to join their innovative team.
The successful Geotechnical Engineer will have a number of roles and responsibilities, you will be joining the geo-specialist team and workload will vary from day to day. As a Geotechnical Engineer you can expect to carry out general site investigation related work, and geotechnical design activities. Much of the work is within the land development, geo-environmental & contaminated land-based sectors. Some travelling from site to site will be involved so a Geotechnical Engineer who is happy to travel is key.
Key duties will include:
- Carrying out desk studies and ground investigations
- Overseeing ground investigation contracts
- Posting ground investigation data assessments
- Report preparation
- Shallow foundation and settlement assessments
- Designing earth retaining structures
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
- Degree qualified in Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology (or other relevant subject)
- Post graduate qualification in Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology
- Extensive experience in a similar position
- Proficient with the use of common geotechnical design software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workloads and meet strict deadlines
- Full UK driving licence
If this experienced Geotechnical Engineer sounds like you, please contact Neil Ellerton of Penguin recruitment on 01792 365 100 for a confidential discussion about the role. Alternatively please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org