Ground Engineering Lead
We are recruiting a Ground Engineering Lead to be based in London.
You will lead the team responsible for planning and delivering all ground engineering input into the development phase of the Lower Thames Crossing project.
This includes the scoping, specification, technical assurance and interpretation of all ground investigation surveys; integrating all aspects of geotechnical engineering into the design of the highways (earthworks, highways structures, pavement and drainage etc) and the main crossing (approach ramp structures, cut and cover tunnels and bored tunnel and cross passages). Setting and delivering strategies, in conjunction with the Main Crossing and Link Roads Design Leads, for the management of all geo-environmental hazards with statutory bodies, including the design of any remediation or mitigation measures necessary. In doing so, you will ensure the ground engineering scope addresses the requirements of Highways England, regulatory bodies and external stakeholders.
- To manage the scoping, specification, assurance and interpretation of all investigation and monitoring required to support the development of the design for DCO, and for Invitation to tender for the main contracts and enabling works contracts.
- To oversee, in conjunction with the Main Crossing and Link Road Design leads, the integration of geo-environmental aspects of the scheme including contaminated land assessment and management and assessment of hydrogeological impacts of the proposed works.
- To identify all significant geo-environmental risks on the scheme and to define and deliver strategies for the management, mitigation or remediation of these risks to the satisfaction of statutory regulators engaged through the planning process.
- To manage the integration of all aspects of geotechnical design to a level of detail suitable for planning submission under a Development Consent Order. This includes all geotechnical input to earthworks design, highways structures, flood defences, drainage and ground improvement as well as to the cut-and-cover and bored tunnels, cross-passages, ramps and portal structures.
- You are a collaborative, team-oriented leader with the ability to work closely with a wide range of personalities, to delegate effectively, and to motivate and develop individuals within a large team;
- A geotechnical specialist with wide-ranging experience of leading geotechnical design input to significant linear infrastructure projects including tunnels, underground and heavy civils structures;
- Experience in managing the scoping, specification, data handling and technical assurance of ground investigation campaigns for major highways and civil engineering projects, including knowledge of state-of-the-art methods.
- Significant experience of leading the management of geo-environmental hazards including land contamination and remediation.
- Demonstrable experience of coordinating and managing a varied workload across multi-disciplinary teams across different organisations located in different offices.
- Educated to degree standard with chartered membership of an appropriate professional body, or equivalent work history.