Rendel, part of the Ingérop Group, is an international, multidisciplinary design and engineering consultancy, headquartered in London with offices in Birmingham, Bristol and Sydney, Australia. We provide client-focused engineering and technical solutions on major engineering construction projects worldwide in the infrastructure, energy and industry sectors. Rendel’s origins date back to 1838, making us one of the oldest civil engineering consultants in the UK.
Our experience includes bridges, ground engineering, highways, ports, industry, energy, rail systems and tunnels. Our team is currently working on the design of major infrastructure schemes including High Speed Rail, Nuclear Power, Highways and Ports.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Structural Engineer to join our highly qualified team in our London head-office, located in the vibrant area of Borough.
You will be expected to:
- Undertake and support the leadership and delivery of assignments
- Deliver engineering solutions and report results to managers and clients
- Undertake structural design and analysis using design software across a broad range of structural types and using various international standards
- Monitor staff time and budgets against assignment programme and agree appropriate actions where necessary
- Assist in the management of the design process that may include other related design disciplines
- Assist with coordinating design as part of an internal team and liaising with external associated professionals and our clients
- Adopt procedures for standardisation and peer review to ensure consistency and excellence in the service delivery of the Company’s technical work product
- Implement and adhere to Company procedures and best practice in the management, delivery and administration of Services
To be successful, you will have the following qualifications and be able to demonstrate experience and knowledge in some of the following areas:
- Degree qualified Civil Engineer; post graduate qualifications would be beneficial
- Chartered (or near Chartered) in a relevant discipline (ICE, IStructE)
- Working knowledge of structural processes and design, with a particular emphasis on data interpretation, design & analysis, construction and advanced numerical modelling
- Structural design experience including foundations, retaining structures, bridges, marine structures, jetties etc.
- Working knowledge of Eurocodes and other national and international industry standards, contracts, methodologies and procedures
- Experience of computer analysis of structures and design of structural elements in common materials i.e. steel, concrete, composite
- Excellent problem solving and design skills with ability to deliver practical solutions
- Exceptional team working skills to be able to contribute to and collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams, but also has the capacity to work independently to a high standard, as the assignment nature dictates
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary and benefits, including pension scheme, profit share scheme, private medical insurance, holiday purchase scheme, cycle to work scheme, group life insurance, group income protection, employee assistance programme
- Work with a diverse, friendly and resourceful team on interesting and challenging projects in the UK and internationally
- Continuing professional development - we strive to offer opportunities for training and growth, which is at the heart of our culture.
- An environment where the support and care for the wellbeing of our people is important to everyone
- Sports & Social Club which promotes good fellowship and healthy recreation amongst the Members and organises social events, games, sports, entertainment and other pastimes
- French lessons at beginner, intermediate and advanced level
At Rendel, we believe in creating a work environment of mutual trust, respect, diversity and inclusion.
If you would like the opportunity to work on exciting and technically challenging projects around the world in a supportive and friendly work environment, please Apply Now.