Elevate | Update your CV at New Civil Engineer's careers event
An expert-led webinar on updating your CV will headline New Civil Engineer’s week-long careers event, called Elevate.
A webinar on how to write a winning CV will be led by Victoria McLean, founder and chief executive of City CV. The webinar will help you understand what recruiters look for in a CV and have your burning questions answered.
New Civil Engineer’s Elevate careers week will include jobs market overviews on sectors including roads, rail and water.
Your CV is all about marketing you and standing out. It must be compelling, exceptionally well written and prepared; designed to fully support your career objectives, help you navigate your roadmap, demonstrate your skills and prove your capabilities.
The New Civil Engineer and City CV’s one-hour training session to help you create a strong and authentic CV which will get you noticed for the right reasons.
The webinar will be delivered by McLean, who heads up the multi-award-winning CV writing and interview coaching consultancy. Victoria is a former blue-chip recruitment manager and former head hunter. She will provide you with the information you need to write a powerful CV that will open doors and help you stand out from the crowd. The event will advice you on how best to present your technical experience and what companies are looking for in a CV - whatever the role and whatever the sector. It will include:
• CV evolution - how AI and algorithms can make or break your career (and how to beat the CV robots)
• Soft skills to avoid in your CV - how to show, not tell
• The three essential items that every bullet point must include
• Being ‘smart’ - how to sell yourself every step of the way
• Avoid the formatting errors that guarantee rejection from most CV screening systems
• And the two mistakes that 97% of hirers will reject your CV for
Join us on 27 June 2018, from 12.30-1.30 with your current CV, if you have one, and all your questions - register here.
If you are not free to listen live, do still register, and we can email you a recording after the event.