Senior Materials Technician - BAM Nuttall - South West
Senior Materials Technician - West Somerset.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Materials Technician to join one of our project laboratories in Somerset, and require people who are able to travel nationwide.
Your key activities will include:
• Setting a personal example in safety matters.
• Assist with day to day running of mobile site testing / laboratory testing including organising workload, on site sampling and testing. Liaising with laboratory manager to ensure the provision of testing capabilities.
• Communicating regularly and effectively with internal / external site engineering staff on priorities and testing requirements as and when required.
• Production of test reports / certificates to client.
• Deliver training / proficiency checks to / for laboratory personnel.
• Ensure that site sampling and laboratory testing is carried out to high standards of safety, quality and efficiency.
• Ensure that adequate and proper records are kept and filed correctly to satisfy the requirements of the laboratory management system and UKAS requirements.
• Ensure that sampling and testing is carried out to the appropriate British / European Standards.
• Ensure test equipment is checked, cleaned and maintained to an acceptable level.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
• Educated to Level 3 NVQ standard or similar experience.
• Soils sampling and site/laboratory testing in accordance with BS 1377; minimum proficiency including use of Nuclear Density Gauge, In-situ Plate Load Apparatus, In-situ Sand Replacement Density and associated earthworks testing scope.
• Materials / Aggregate sampling/laboratory testing in accordance with all relevant standards.
• Concrete / Spray Concrete sampling/testing in accordance with all relevant standards.
• The applicant should have experience of a day to day supervisory role within permanent / site laboratory. Be able to cope with completion deadlines and contractual testing requirements. Organising staff and resources within a high pressure environment in order to cope with all volumes of testing specified. Communicating daily duties to all staff members and ensuring all tests and site activities were completed within the contractual timescales.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.