Principal Engineer - Bridges and Structures
An exciting opening has arisen in our Hertford office for a Principal Engineer in our Bridges and Structures Team. You will be part of a cutting edge team delivering a range of bridge related engineering projects on behalf of the Hertfordshire County Council.
This is a full time vacancy.
- Lead a small team of engineers to facilitate end to end project delivery.
- Assist the Head of Profession to ensure that legislation, regulations, policies, strategies and technical guidance are interpreted and communicated across the Team as appropriate and cases for any departures are authorised and presented for approval
- Deliver large and/or complex projects and programmes successfully to time, quality and budget requirements.
- Communicate effectively to build relationships with Members, Councillors, Contractors, Opus Arup remote resources and other stakeholders.
- Comply with legal standards, design standards, local design guidance, contractual requirements and Health & Safety legislation.
Key benefits of the role include:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Excellent training and development opportunities
To apply for the role you will need:
- Degree qualified with Chartered Membership of a relevant institution.
- Minimum of ten years' professional experience, five of which post-chartership
- Recent, demonstrable experience in conducting design of highway structures in various materials using Eurocodes.
- Recent, demonstrable experience in conducting assessments of highway structures in various materials using British Standards.
- Experience of Finance and Project Management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This role is a fantastic opportunity those who are looking to advance their career in bridge engineering with opportunities to work in a multi-disciplinary environment.
You could not be looking to join us at a better time. Opus is going from strength to strength in the UK and to top it all, we have been voted the Number One engineering consultancy in the UK! We were awarded Company of the Year at the NCE100 Awards 2016. The awarding of this accolade was based on key competencies which the NCE considered most valuable, with Opus ranked in the top 10 in each pillar during the assessment stage. This played a large part in Opus being named Company of the Year.
At Opus we attract and retain talented people through competitive remuneration and rewarding performance. We offer a flexible benefits programme via Opus - Flex that allows you to structure your remuneration package to suit your lifestyle. Further details on the benefits we offer can be found on the attachment at the foot of this page.
If you are keen to develop a long term career with a growing global organisation, please apply below or for more information on the career opportunities with Opus please visit the careers section of our website:
Opus is committed to a workplace that embraces equal employment opportunity & diversity. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining a professional and respectful work environment which supports mutual trust and assists each individual to reach their full potential - we therefore welcome applications from those who want part-time hours or job share opportunities.