Senior Engineer, Rail
Senior Engineer, Rail
Salary up to £55k + Benefits
Our client is a growing, successful multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy working throughout the UK and abroad on a vast array of interesting projects. Our client has a great reputation in the industry and a dedicated Rail Team, which has developed an enviable reputation around the UK. Due to continued success our client is now looking for a Senior Engineer (Rail) to assist the growing team. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to become part of a growing team and benefit from real career development prospects. The Rail Team undertakes an interesting variety of work on Network Rail infrastructure both direct for Network Rail and for contractors, as well as for outside parties.
Recent projects include platform extensions, bridges, station buildings, retaining walls, culverts, drainage works, temporary works, heavy duty paving, both new build and the repair of existing structures.
In order to be considered for this Senior Engineer role you will;
- Have an ability to lead design teams in the design of railway structures. Experience of leading design teams in the design of railway, highway or other civil engineering structures will be required.
- An ability to design railway structures to Eurocodes, British Standards and railway group standards. Experience of producing designs to British Standards and Eurocodes will be required. This must have entailed the interpretation of client requirements, project definition and management, production and checking of calculations, structural analysis, preparation of sketches for and working with technicians, and the preparation of accompanying documents.
- An ability to lead others and self in the inspection of civil engineering structures on site. Prior experience of carrying out inspection work will be required.
- An ability to interpret engineering defects to existing structures and to produce technical reports to a high standard.
- An ability to manage and provide mentoring to more junior employees. Experience of doing so will be expected.
- An ability to manage client expectations, attend project meetings with external parties and manage project commercial activities. Experience will be required.
- An ability to promote and develop the business in conjunction with the Directors and other management team personnel.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Thorough understanding of engineering principles.
Key requirements for this Senior Engineer (Rail) role:
- A minimum 2:1 (or equivalent) degree in a relevant subject.
- A relevant professional qualification.
- Substantial relevant experience of carrying out a similar role within a consultancy environment.
- UK driving license.
Our client are offering a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, an annual performance related bonus and real career development prospects. They can also offer a relocation package.
In order to discuss this Senior Engineer (Rail) role and other similar roles within Structural Engineering please call MIKAELA on 01792 341104 or email your CV to Mikaela.Rabaiotti@penguinrecruitment.co.uk