Technical Director – Rail
Technical Director – Rail
Attractive salary and benefits package
Tony Gee is a successful, employee owned engineering design consultancy, employing in the region of 450 people. The business operates from 7 UK and 4 overseas offices. Tony Gee has a reputation for taking on highly complex technical work with a bias towards design and build contracts, working closely with Contractors in developing integrated temporary and permanent works solutions.
Continual growth, together with the retirement of two Directors and promotion of a third, has created an opportunity for a key position within the Rail sector, based in Esher.
In the region of 50% of Tony Gee’s UK design work is rail related, covering civil and structural design as well as multi-discipline projects. Current and recent schemes include design work on Crossrail, HS2, Midland Metro (MMA) and Network Rail frameworks. Customers include design and build contractors, Network Rail and Train Operating Companies.
As an employee owned business, Tony Gee is able to plan long term and that includes investing in our people, especially their training and development. We are unashamedly focused on technical excellence which enables us to undertake complex and technically challenging schemes which many other consultants avoid. This provides an environment in which technically orientated engineers can thrive and progress to the Executive Board, based upon being great engineers without the requirement to manage large P&L accounts to do so.
The experience we are looking for is:
- Relevant Civil or Structural Engineering degree.
- Chartered Engineer with, preferably, 10+ years of technical experience including rail infrastructure design work.
- Experience of leading teams in civil/structural and multi discipline design projects including fulfilling the Project Manager/Director role on projects.
- Able to contribute, technically, to the preparation of tenders, fee proposals and securing new business.
- Equally important is an enthusiasm for identifying solutions to technical challenges and developing those capabilities.
We will consider part time working and/or split locations (between St Albans and Esher) if this is desirable. School hours working will also be considered.
Tony Gee provides a supportive working environment and training to enable everyone to realise their potential.
To find out more, please contact our retained consultant, Chris Cheetham at Cheetham Hall on 01270 618330 or send him your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number: NCE/18006TDE.
Any direct or 3rd party applications will be forwarded to Cheetham Hall.