Assistant Quantity Surveyor - BAM Nuttall - South East
Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Southampton.
We have recently started work on a £220million SMART Motorway project on the M27 and seek an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join the team.
Your key activities will include:
• Maintain high personal safety and environmental standards in accordance with Company policy. Be aware of and contribute to the “Beyond Zero” declared vision.
• Maintain communication links with project team staff.
• Provide support and guidance to trainee quantity surveyors and commercial assistants.
• Be proactive in maintaining progress of objectives in the Company QS training programme including regular contact with appointed DQS.
• Assist in preparing subcontract enquiries / quotation comparisons and subcontract documents.
• Participate in recording of and payment for subcontracted work, including processing of labour only subcontractors payments once authorised by senior management.
• Assist in cost monitoring of site resources.
• Maintain and / or supervise the EVM system.
• Resolve material and plant invoice queries and discrepancies.
• Produce and / or check accruals for materials and plant costing.
• Check processed invoices against movement reports, as directed, and maintain invoice files for future reference.
• Undertake costing activities, under direction, utilising a sound working knowledge of the cost coding structure for the project.
• Maintain the established commercial administration systems for adherence to Company Procedures.
• Assist in valuation of changes to the tendered work scope.
• Collate and / or produce site records necessary for interim and final account payments and cost reports, including materials received records.
• Maintain materials on site records for monthly valuations.
• Measure completed works for allocated sections of the work, for interim and final accounts, including recording agreements with client and/or subcontract representatives.
• Be aware of any commercial advice being sought by the site team and given by more senior commercial staff.
• Attend meetings and training sessions as requested.
• Be aware of the outline principles of insurance claims arising and assist as directed by senior management.
• Maintain personal diary.
Your experience should include:
• Previous site experience as a student or Trainee Quantity Surveyor.
• Basic knowledge of construction industry scope, relationships and practice.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.