Trainee Enquiry Engineer
Trainee Enquiry Engineer
Salary up to £19,000 + Benefits
Our client is a market leader in the building materials and products markets in the UK, Ireland and Europe. Due to continued and on-going growth, our client is actively seeking a Trainee Enquiry Engineer to join a vibrant, friendly team based in the Midlands.
They are currently recruiting for a Trainee Enquiry Engineer who will be responsible for designing, specifying and pricing structurally adequate Masonry Support products in response to client enquiries.
You will be required to meet client expectations by ensuring prompt replies to queries, utilising all the information provided, implementing information gathered from design/site meetings and meeting site delivery dates. You will need to communicate effectively during a handover meeting with your appointed project team to ensure correct drawings are produced on time and in accordance with your design.
Key Responsibilities/Duties for this Trainee Enquiry Engineer role include:
- To prepare an accurate, competitive and detailed technical schedules for products with the assistance of a dedicated internal structural engineering team.
- Follow up schedules with customers via phone calls and emails to build relationships with key contacts.
- Provide basic calculations to the current standard for all products specified by you.
- Provide detailed handovers to the project team when orders are received.
- Provide excellent customer service; attend occasional office and site visits to develop customer relationships, solve technical issues and develop product design.
- Carry out product presentations as a training aid to staff and customers.
- Conduct site installation training sessions for customers when required.
In order to be considered for this Trainee Enquiry Engineer role you will have:
- Ability to read construction drawings and extract relevant information efficiently
- A brief knowledge & understanding of the construction process
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills
- Good organisational skills
- Commercially aware
- Target driven and ambitious
- Experience of using Bluebeam and AutoCAD desirable
Interested? In order to discuss this Trainee Enquiry Engineer role and other similar roles within Engineering please call MIKAELA on 01792 341104 or email your CV to Mikaela.Rabaiotti@penguinrecruitment.co.uk