Asset Manager (Engineer)
This is a unique opportunity to join an expanding team tasked with overseeing contractor directed services within the highways service. This covers reactive responses to safety critical defects (CAT1), minor planned works which are not an immediate safety risk (CAT2), and routine cyclic maintenance (CAT5), including street lighting, signs, lines, street furniture, drainage, pumps and M&E, verges, trees, signals & ITS and the Baldock Tunnel.
- Act as a programme sponsor and provide guidance and support to junior members of the team within the client team for a selection of Cat 1, 2 and 5 (reactive, minor planned, and routine) highway maintenance services provided by the Highways Service Term (HST) Contractor, including:
- Agreeing the annual operational service plans including service levels, modus operandi, budgets and performance targets
- Agreeing strategy development, efficiency and R&D initiatives with the HST Contractor
- Acting upon non-compliances reported by service audits
- Accountable for ensuring that community engagement strategies, stakeholder negotiations, statutory processes, risk management processes and political processes are identified and undertaken.
Key benefits of the role include:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Flexible working with opportunities to work from home and potential flexi leave
- Act as Asset Owner for one or more highway infrastructure asset types
To apply for the role you will need:
- A degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent highways experience
- A good understanding of highway infrastructure assets and appropriate operations and maintenance practices
- A good understanding of political and formal democratic processes
- Ability to work to deadlines and see tasks through to completion
This unique opportunity would suit an Asset Manager/Engineer who can demonstrate taking responsibility for elements of asset management, a background in highways maintenance and/or asset management, and an aptitude for linking strategic asset management outcomes with practical operational and maintenance strategies.
You couldn't be looking to join us at a better time. Opus is going from strength to strength in the UK. We were awarded Company of the Year at the NCE100 Awards 2016. The awarding of this accolade was based on key competencies which the NCE considered most valuable, with Opus ranked in the top 10 in each pillar during the assessment stage. This played a large part in Opus being named Company of the Year.
At Opus we attract and retain talented people through competitive remuneration and rewarding performance. We offer a flexible benefits programme via Opus - Flex that allows you to structure your remuneration package to suit your lifestyle. Further details on the benefits we offer can be found on the attachment at the foot of this page.
If you are keen to develop a long term career with a growing global organisation, please apply below or for more information on the career opportunities with Opus please visit the careers section of our website:
Opus is committed to a workplace that embraces equal employment opportunity & diversity. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining a professional and respectful work environment which supports mutual trust and assists each individual to reach their full potential - we therefore welcome applications from those who want part-time hours or job share opportunities.