Delivery Design Manager (Water) - UK / Krakow, Poland
CH2M would like to recruit a Design Manager to undertake an initial 12 month assignment at our Global Design Production Centre (GDPC) in Krakow, Poland – to support our continuous growth in the global water markets.
The Design Manager will manage multi-disciplinary water and wastewater design package on complex schemes (£1m to £40m) from tender to completion of construction, utilising knowledge and experience to deliver innovative, sustainable solutions that deliver best overall value, in support of front end design teams, around the globe.
Your key job responsibilities:
• Take the lead and responsibility for the overall coordination and production of the multi-disciplinary package designs from tender to completion of construction
• Take responsibility for supporting the front-end delivery team
• Take responsibility for risk management, commercial management, change management and reporting for the packages under your control
• Oversee and manage the implementation of local check and review process and procedures to ensure appropriate quality of all issued materials
• Develop innovative solutions that deliver the clients brief
• Adopt a proactive approach to innovation, sustainability and delivering cost effective solutions
• Overall responsibility to manage the relationships between the front end Design Manager and technical discipline leads
• Review the designs on a regular basis to identify potential design and build ability issues
• Serve as mentor for technical and design management staff in the GDPC
To be successful in your role, you will:
• Have as a minimum a BEng in relevant subject
• Be a Chartered Engineer
• Have significant experience of and a detailed knowledge of the UK Water Industry
• Have a comprehensive Technical Construction knowledge
• Have knowledge of BIM and its implementation
• Be client focused to build long term relationships
• Have proven experience of coordination and delivery to deadline and evidence of problem resolution in the process
• Proven experience of producing accurate technical outputs, on time, to budget and to the appropriate quality
• Proven experience in the management of multi-disciplinary design teams in a design-build environment
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, flexible working conditions, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. We’re full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
The CH2M Foundation is renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner ‘Engineers without Borders’, ‘Water for People’ and ‘Bridges to Prosperity’. We’re STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own women’s engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.