Marine Structural Engineer- Exciting Opportunity with Leading C
Marine Structural Engineer- Exciting Opportunity with Leading Consultancy!!
Salary up to £36,000 + Benefits
A fantastic opportunity for a Marine Structural Engineer has arisen in the South East of the UK. As the largest Civil, Structural & Marine consultancy in the South East, our client has a varied project portfolio that extends across the water's edge Residential and waterside commercial, public, industrial and other marine sectors.
Our client is seeking an Engineer with a minimum of two years post graduate experience (this could be in buildings, bridges or marine works) and you must have an interest in the Marine environment.
In order to be considered for this Marine Structural Engineer role you will;
- Have gained a Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- You will have experience of structural design of reinforced concrete, steel, timber and masonry
- You will have detailed experience using Eurocodes
- Strong communication skills
- Sound technical knowledge
- Ability to prepare sketches, technical reports and specifications
- Understanding of CAD
Key responsibilities of this Structural Engineer role are;
- Development of designs to detailed stage for coastal and maritime works.
- Completing inspections and assessments of Civil Engineering and coastal structures and features.
- Structural analysis and modelling of Civil Engineering problems and developing solutions.
- Preparing calculations in all major construction materials and communicating the design clearly to fellow professionals, clients and contractors through drawings, sketches calculations written and verbal reports.
- Liaising and collaborating with other professionals, to develop design work to the delivery stage. Including contributing to the production of contract documents and associated procurement activities.
- Liaising closely with contractors and clients to resolve site queries and developing solutions to site problems. This will likely require occasional site visits and external meetings.
- Developing your own professional status toward Chartered Engineer status and assisting in the development of others including our Trainee Engineers/Technicians peers.
- Working within a team of Marine Civil Engineers.
For this Structural Engineer role our client is offering;
- 32 days holiday rising to 35 with service + bank holidays
- Inclusive, friendly team culture and office environment
- Childcare Vouchers & Ride to Work Scheme
- Established training ethos, support to Chartership and approved ICE Training firm
- Variety in workload
- Lovely coastal location
In order to discuss this Structural Engineer role and other similar roles within the Civil Engineering sector please call MIKAELA on 01792 341104 or email your CV to Mikaela.Rabaiotti@penguinrecruitment.co.uk