Geo-Environmental Consultant - Nuneaton
My client, a well-established UK multi-disciplinary Engineering Consultancy, is seeking an enthusiastic Geo Environmental Consultant to join their team, based near Nuneaton.
This exciting role will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to produce Geotechnical Designs, complete Phase 1 Desk Studies and Phase 2 Site Investigations whilst assisting with Project Management on a variety of projects. There is a focus on Contaminated Land within this role.
To be considered for this role, candidates are required to have a strong academic background, including a degree in a relevant discipline, such as Geology, Environmental Sciences or similar.
Candidates must also have a MSc in Geotechnical Engineering, Environmental Science, Engineering Geology or similar relevant discipline, with a focus on Contaminated Land.
As a Geo-Environmental Consultant, you will be expected to:
- Visit sites away from the base office
- Collect Site Investigation field data
- Complete Phase 1 Desk Studies
- Conduct Phase 2 Site Investigations
- Write technical reports
- Carry out Geo-Environmental data assessments and analysis
- Contribute to Geo-Environmental Designs, in particular to built environment projects
- Assist with Project Management
- Prepare site investigation scopes, proposals and tenders.
It is essential that applicants have demonstrable experience of working for a UK consultancy, preferably in the built environment and must have considerable understanding of Contaminated Land.
Additional requirements include:
- Experience in and knowledge of Contaminated Land
- Previous involvement in managing Site Investigation works
- Highly numerate, with the ability to understand and manage large datasets
- Ability to produce written technical reports to the highest standard
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong focus on health and safety.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to attend site visits, therefore having a UK driving licence is essential.
This role offers a competitive salary, Company Pension Scheme and career progression opportunities.
If this role is of interest to you or if you are searching for other roles relating to Geotechnical or Geo Environmental Engineering please do not hesitate to contact Ronnie Cooke on 01792 362015 or email email@example.com . We have many more vacancies available on our website at www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role.
Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.